Friday, January 14, 2011

Hello! Let's Get to Know Each Other...

Since these blogs are to gain information about the other students in our class, I guess I will give you some information about myself.

I come from a small town in Ohio - basically on the border of Indiana and Ohio. I come from an area nicknamed "The Holy Land" due to the amount of Catholic churches around. There are over 15 Catholic churches in less than a twenty-mile radius! With that being said, I am Catholic. I come from a family of five. I am the oldest and have two younger sisters. We also have a dog named Koda. He's a he and is some kind of Shih Tzu mix.

Now isn't this adorable? :)
(Note: No, I do not have an interest in lighthouses.
I don't know what my mother was thinking when she put
up that wallpaper. I don't even care for beaches and water.
There are way too many creepy things that crawl on the sand
and swim in the water that might bite, sting, or simply brush
against my feet or body.)

I graduated from a small high school, in a class of 101 students. I decided to come to BSU because:
1. The Teachers College has nationally-ranked programs, has great faculty members, and is overall fantastic!
2. I was able to get in-state tuition - a huge plus!

Like I said in my profile box thing, I am majoring in Elementary Education with Language Arts and Social Studies concentrations. So I do like English to some extent. Writing papers...no. Reading books...yes! I love reading books and I hope to instill a passion for reading into my students. I also love Social Studies and hope to get students interested in the world around them. During the summer of 2012, I will be traveling to England with some other BSU Elementary Education majors to teach some little London children. I am super excited for this amazing experience and it can't come fast enough!

Hmm...I think that should do it for now. Thanks for reading and enjoy the long weekend! :)

- Br@ndon

1 comment:

  1. My high school class only had 142 members! I know how the small town-small school thing is. Also, I love reading! :) Great post.

    ReplyDelete